Not long after we got our first Blogger Award, the Liebster Award, we received another one – The Versatile Blogger Award from Titania over at the travel blog Backpacks and Babygrows! Yay!!!! *jumping-of-joy* 🙂
And also for this award, we went…eh…what is this Versatile Blogger Award?!?! 🙂 We figured it might be in the same ally as the Liebster Award.
What the heck is the Versatile Blogger Award?
The Vesatile Blogger Award was created to feature and recognize blogs that have unique content, high quality of writing, and fantastic photos. As the webpage about the Versatile Blogger Award says: Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.
And if you are nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, you automatically “won” it too. 🙂 It seems to be a bit like the Liebster Award, like a chain letter and not an actual award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Share 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
A huge thanks to Titania from Backpacks and Babygrows for nominating/ giving us the Versatile Blogger Award! We are really honored and grateful that you like our writing and photos! As newbie bloggers, we highly appreciate feedback from our readers and fellow bloggers, so getting this award is a big inspiration for us! We struggle every day to grow our blog, and to give you the best photos, travel stories and travel tips that we can!
Ever since we started our blog four months ago, we have found the whole travel blog community to be really inclusive and supportive. We are so happy to feel a part of it!
Our 15 nominees
We are nominating 15 blogs that we enjoy reading, and their writing and photos are a true inspiration for us! These blogs have given us some great travel tips on both places to see, things to do, packing, gear, safety, as well as blogging in general. Some of these blogs are fairly new and small, while others have been around for a while and have a lot of readers, but they are all great! 🙂
You should really check out these amazing blogs (in random order):
- Katie from USA: http://www.fromshorestoskylines.com/
- Yvonne from Netherlands: http://goyvon.com/ (the blog is in Dutch)
- Tiffany from Philippines: http://asiatravelbug.com
- Corinne and Jim from USA: http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/
- Alana from USA: http://www.paperplanesblog.com/
- Tammy and Chris from Germany/ England: http://www.tammyandchrisonthemove.com/
- Sabrina from Germany: http://www.justonewayticket.com
- Emily and Ewan from Canada: http://www.whatareyouandewandoing.com/
- Benjamin and Charli from UK: http://wanderlusters.com
- Alex from USA: http://www.alexinwanderland.com/
- Kami from Poland: http://www.mywanderlust.pl/
- Kimberly from USA: http://stuffedsuitcase.com/
- Nick and Dariece from Canada: http://www.goatsontheroad.com/
- Jmayel and Sacha from UK: http://8milesfromhome.com
- Michael from Australia: http://www.timetravelturtle.com
7 facts about ourselves that you might not know
1. Marias biggest fear is spiders! One time in Guatemala (in Rio Dulce) there was a huge (yes, in Marias term super huge!) spider on the mosquito net over the bed when we checked in. She totally freaked out and refused to sleep there, so we had to move to another hotel in Livingston town.
2. While we were jungle trekking in the Taman Negara Jungle in Malaysia during rainy season, Maria got two leeches on her leg, and one on her stomach! We didn`t notice them until we got back from a whole day of trekking in the muddy jungle. By then they were huge, and full of blood! Ouch! 🙁
Espen was a true gentleman and rescuer, and ran to the nearest restaurant where he grabbed some salt that he poured on the leeches. They almost immediately let go and fell to the ground, but Maria bled for several hours. It was pretty scary stuff! But she survived :).
3. We love skiing, and are pretty good skiers. Maria used to compete in cross-country skiing until she was 18. We also do off-piste Telemark skiing in the mountains back home in Tromso in Northern Norway.
We particularly love to ski under the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis).
4. We love sailing, and have taken several sailing courses. Our dream is to have our own sailboat one day soon and sail around the world.
5. We have a Siberian Husky dog back home. Her name is Varga and she is 14 years old, but still super healthy and loves to join us skiing, hiking and running.
6. Maria took her first train ride when she was 18, because we don`t have trains in Northern-Norway.
7. We like to cook, and our favourite food is Thai and Indian, plus burgers and Italian pizza. Maria also likes to bake cakes and pastries.